Do you want to sell beer and wine in your c-store?
Today marks the launch of The Ontario Convenience Stores Association’s (OSCA) petition campaign that seeks to collect 1,000,000 signatures from Ontarians who want to purchase beer and wine in c-stores across the province. The petition campaign runs from March 15 to May 15.
The association held an education session about the campaign at The Convenience U CARWACS Show in Toronto on March 5. The room was full of engaged retailers looking to learn more about this important issue and how they can get involved in the fight.
In the session, retailers learned 5 ways to get involved:
1. Get a Free Our Beer petition started in your store. Check out freeourbeer.ca to get your petition.
2. Talk to customers and find out what they want. If they’re interested, ask them to sign the petition.
3. Ask every adult to sign the petition and speak with them openly about the campaign. The association is looking for 500 signatures from each store that gets involved.
4. Write to your local MPP and explain that your customers are asking for beer and wine in your store.
5. Write a letter to your local newspaper to get the word out and to generate discussion and awareness.
Do you have the petition in your store? Let’s discuss our experiences!