Amit Parmar, owner of Hanmer Kwik Way in Hanmer, ON, is excited to take part in his fourth Convenience U CARWACS show in Toronto on March 6 and 7, 2018.
As a regular attendee he is looking forward to seeing the industry’s newest products and services and learning about emerging trends, techniques and technologies, all designed to improve his business and prepare him for the future.
“The conference has continued to change as the industry changes,” Parmar says. “I do see more of a presence of the petroleum industry – all of the major players were there last year – and I have taken away quite a few concepts and products that I have been able to implement in my store. Going to the show has been a very wise decision for me.”
There are an incredible number of changes taking place in the convenience industry today. “There are changes in the customer base, changes in consumer needs and wants, changes in product and service offerings that customers expect from retailers,” says Michael Cronin, Vice President and General Manager, Events, at EnsembleIQ Canada. “To succeed in this environment, you need to anticipate change before it happens. The Convenience U CARWACS Show is the only event where you can be the first to see the trends It’s here that you’ll be able to experience first-hand the latest innovations in categories, like foodservice for example, that may be the lifeblood of your business.”
Amit Parmar has certainly come away with new ideas for his store. “The F’real milkshake and Tyler slush machine programs have performed really well for me and have increased the customer footprint in the store,” he says.
The show offers a winning combination of educational seminars and a comprehensive trade show floor, and brings together major manufacturers, distributors, service providers and industry-leading experts speaking on a variety of topics and trends, all together under one roof.
“It’s a great way to get information on the newest trends, products and technologies, explore top-selling equipment and fixtures, attend informative seminars, network with peers, interact with industry experts and learn about new payment systems like Apple and Android pay,” Parmar adds.
This year’s show will feature a carwash tour luncheon and carwash educational seminars, plus a number of presentations, workshops and roundtable discussions on leading c-store issues.
- At this year’s show you’ll be able to learn who the new generations of c-store shoppers are, why they think and act as they do and how they are changing convenience stores.
- Generational change and the future of convenience stores will examine behavioural changes, the role of retail and how the younger generations are influencing all sectors of the economy.
- Retailers also will discover how the expansion of the base of lottery players through technology can boost overall revenue. They’ll be able to discover how to leverage OLG’s new technologies to enhance the retail customer experience and generate incremental sales.
- Retail technologies are changing rapidly and affecting how customers pay for products, how they interact with c-stores and how products are delivered. Experts will give their thoughts on what the future will look like for convenience retail operators and the petroleum forecourt.
- Convenience stores already are trending toward an evolving tobacco presence, healthier choices for consumers and enhanced foodservice offerings. Find out from industry experts how key c-store categories are expected to evolve and how you can best manage these products.
The Convenience U CARWACS Show provides an ideal opportunity to discover what’s in store for your retail c-store and gas business. For the latest updates, visit http://toronto.convenienceu.ca/
4 top tips to get the most out of the show
- Plan ahead. Study the attendee brochure, choose the booths you want to visit and make appointments ahead of time to maximize your time on the trade show floor.
- Take in the education. These sessions are designed to share the latest trends, often before they become industry trends.
- Choose your focus. If you’re looking to add more foodservice to your operation, for instance, look for the many foodservice suppliers on the floor. If carwash equipment is top of your list, target those suppliers.
- Take breaks. The Convenience U CARWACS Show is big and can be exhausting. Don’t forget to take time to pause, network with other operators, and enjoy the show experience.