C-gas industry returning to Toronto for 10th annual Convenience U CARWACS Show
Just as the convenience, gas and car wash industry always meets the needs of its time-starved customers, The Convenience U CARWACS Show, taking place March 5 and 6 at Toronto’s International Centre, consistently packs the information attendees need into two fun-filled days of learning.
The 10th anniversary show will feature the three elements retailers, distributors, and suppliers have come to love and expect from the event: informative educational sessions; innovation on the show floor; and plenty of time to connect with other industry stakeholders.
Want to make the most of the show? Here’s the top 10 ways to make connections and build success:
- Plan in advance to maximize your time at the show, allotting ample time for interaction with exhibitors and other retailers. Research what equipment and products you need before the show so you know what to look for.
- Sign up early for the educational sessions that will benefit your business.
- Take advantage of roundtable discussions, using this face-to-face time to ask questions and learn from your peers in the best practices workshops.
- Contribute to discussions so other retailers can learn from your challenges and successes.
- Share your down time with new faces during coffee and lunch breaks to make as many valuable connections as you can.
- Stay in touch. Exchange business cards with anyone you meet and follow up later with any questions.
- Make a list of contacts. This is your chance to make supplier connections, so plan to spend time with anyone who touches your business.
- Determine growth areas, and use your time on the show floor to learn about new SKUs that will help you build developing categories.
- Bring your questions, and make it your mission to get them all answered before the end of the show.
- Have fun! The learning process is a rewarding one, but it should also be entertaining; relax and enjoy your time with other industry leaders.