Here are 7 things every c-retailer should know about Stick it to Hunger:
1. The contest period opens in the fall. The promotion starts on September 2, 2014 and runs until January 5, 2015. Make sure you’ve got the prepack in your store in time for the launch, and keep it fully stocked with participating product for the duration of the contest.
2. The promotion is supported by an all-star lineup. Oh Henry! has grown +5% in the last 52 weeks and continues to outpace the category; Reese is the number one chocolate brand in Canada; Twizzlers is the number one licorice brand in Canada; Ice Breakers grew 22% during the latest 52 weeks; and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Almond was the fastest growing single bar in the Top 20 in 2013!
3. The grand prizes will grab your customers’ attention. There are three grand prizes up for grabs that will provide the winners with the ultimate NHL experience:
The first is a trip for two to the 2015 NHL Winter Classic game in Washington, DC; the second is a trip for two to the 2015 NHL Awards in Las Vegas, NV; and the third is a trip for two to the EA Sports Motion Capture Studio in 2015 in Vancouver, BC.
4. There are weekly prizes, too. Consumers can enter to win weekly prizes, including $250 for NHL.com or EA Sports “NHL® 15,” so the momentum and excitement will continue throughout the promotional period.
5. A new Ice Breakers prepack is available to support the NHL promotion! Ice Breakers NHL Pucks will be available starting August 25 to support the program. Ice Breakers Duo Raspberry was the number one innovation in mints in 2013 so you’ll want to make space for this product in your store.
6. The NHL and Hershey is a match made for success. The NHL has a commitment to year-long fan engagement. Between Reese Raise the Cup and Oh Henry! Stick it to Hunger, fans will positively associate these Hershey brands with the NHL to drive consumer engagement and conversion in your store.
7. There are two ways to enter to win. Consumers can enter online through the Oh Henry! Facebook Fan Page. The Facebook app goes live on Sept. 2, 2014. Consumers can also enter by texting “win” to “73373” to enter directly from the store. All POS, online advertising and email blasts will drive consumers to the Facebook contest site, or to text an entry via their mobile phone from the store for a chance to win.
All stats sourced from: Nielsen, MarketTrack, National 5 Channels, Latest 52 weeks Ending PE May 3, 2014.
*No purchase necessary. Official rules at https://www.facebook.com/OhHenryCanada *EA, EA SPORTS and the EA SPORTS logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. *NHL, the NHL Shield and the NHL Winter Classic name are registered trademarks and the NHL Winter Classic logo and NHL Awards name and logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All rights reserved.