The new #mybreak campaign from KIT KAT launches in April and will have plenty of media support, including 30-second TV ads running from May to September. Beginning in April, the digital campaign will consist of 30-second ads on YouTube, engagement on Twitter, Facebook and BuzzFeed, and, if consumers are in the mood for a musical break, KIT KAT will have the right playlist available on Songza.
As retailers, you can take advantage of this buzz by showcasing KIT KAT #mybreak POS materials and prepacks in your store by mid-April. Ensure prepacks are in high-traffic locations, such as near the cash register or along the path to purchase, and encourage your employees to engage in conversation about the campaign.
5 things you should know about the new KIT KAT #mybreak campaign:
- KIT KAT is a top seller. KIT KAT is the number-one-selling singles chocolate bar in Canada*, so your customers already love the brand and will be seeking it out in your store.
- The advertising support is widespread. TV, digital, and in-store advertising support will raise awareness about the campaign.
- The call to action is a hashtag. Consumers can get involved on social media by using the hashtag #mybreak. Ensure #mybreak POS materials are visible in your store so your customers know how to get in on the excitement.
- The swag is exciting. Consumers can win a number of red KIT KAT-branded prizes, including Frisbees, beach towels, socks, and soccer balls; all prizes they can use while taking a break!
- You can ‘paint’ your store red. Make room in your store for red #mybreak POS materials and prepacks to draw attention to the campaign.
*Nielsen MarketTrack, National All Channel, Latest 52 weeks ending February 7, 2015