[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Last year, the Lay’s Do Us a Flavour contest made its Canadian debut and Canadian consumers loved it! The campaign asks Canadians to submit unique flavour ideas for Lay’s chips. The four finalist flavours are put into production and sold in stores and sold for a limited time beginning in early August, while supplies last.
Consumers are encouraged to try all four and vote for their favourite from August 12- October 15. Canadians can vote once per day on each of the following platforms:
- Tweet using vote and one of the flavour finalist hashtags (i.e. #VoteFlavourName)
- Instagram using vote and one of the flavour finalist hashtags (i.e. #VoteFlavourName)
- Text VOTE to 101010
Voting hashtags are: #VoteBaconPoutine, #VoteCinnamonBun, #VoteJalapenoMacNCheese and #VoteTzatziki.
The four finalist flavours are:
- Bacon Poutine on Lay’s Original by Guillaume Lorrain from Trois-Rivières, Quebec
- Cinnamon Bun on Lay’s Original by Gloria Melanson from London, Ontario
- Jalapeño Mac N’ Cheese on Lay’s Wavy by Randall Litman from Calgary, Alberta
- Tzatziki on Lay’s Kettle Cooked by Denise Vella from Cambridge, Ontario
Consumers love this promotion and will instantly recognize it when they walk into your store. Be sure to feature it front and centre and make use of supporting POS materials to help the display stand out.
Give your customers the chance to try all four, so they can vote for the yummiest! The winning flavour will then be re-launched into market in November.
Flavour announcement: August 6
Flavours available for purchase: August 10
Voting period: August 12, 2014 – October 15, 2014
Grand prize: The winner will receive $50,000 CDN plus 1% of the winning flavour’s future sales following its selection after the voting period.