The Canadian Carwash Association (CCA) is hosting its first annual Car Wash for a Cure on March 31 and April 1. The charity event will take nation-wide and fundraise money for the Canadian Spinal Research Organization (CSRO).
Over two days, participating Canadian car washes will fundraise money to help benefit spinal cord research. Car washes will participate by:
- Asking their customers to donate spare change;
- Owner/operators donating a portion of their sales over the two days;
- Inviting their community leaders to participate and promote to their constituents;
- Creating a fun/interactive activity that engages their customers in the fundraiser;
- Promoting their involvement via social media;
- Raising awareness of the Canadian Spinal Research Organization.
According to the CSRO, almost half of spinal cord injuries are caused by motor vehicle crashes. The CCA and CSRO are both advocates of road safety in Canada.
The CCA is encouraging its members to participate in the initiative by registering at the company’s site. All Carwashes that register for Car Wash for a Cure will be automatically entered into a draw to win a free pizza lunch for their staff.
The event is sponsored by carwash industry leaders Mark VII, Soapy Brushy, Transchem Group and Wash Links.
The CSRO is a Canadian charity that funds targeted research for functional recovery and cure paralysis caused by spinal cord injury. The CSRO and the American Spinal Research Organization has raised nearly $30 million for spinal cord research since 1984.