Grab customers’ attention with a winning promotion.
There’s a lot more to a well-run promotion than just getting the right product on the shelf. Take two minutes out of your day and watch our CCentral video, “Five ways to run a successful promotion” featuring retailer Shirley Estey, and see what you can do to ensure your next in-store promotion is a winner.
As you just saw, a successful promotion requires planning, communication and organization. Here’s a quick summary of Shirley’s top five tips:
- Your wholesale rep is a resource. Build a strong relationship and keep up on promotions and POS materials.
- Your suppliers are also a resource. Maintain a relationship with supplier reps and keep in touch about upcoming promotions.
- Shine a spotlight on the promotion. Space is valuable so make sure you’re using (and promoting) it wisely.
- Keep your staff informed. Your staff members should know about each promotion so they can communicate this to your customers.
- Keep the shelves stocked. A promotion won’t work if you’re out of the product, so ensure the displays are always full.
Simply running a promotion isn't difficult, but if you’re missing any of the above points, it likely won’t be a successful one. The next time you’re looking to run a promotion, keep these five tips in mind.
Do you have any tips or tricks to ensure in-store promotions are a success? Let us know by leaving your comments below, we’d love to hear from you!