As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to escalate, Alimentation Couche-Tard and its wholly owned subsidiary Circle K, are implementing critical emergency measures for the protection and support of the health and safety of its customers and employees around the globe.
In provinces and territories across Canada, c-stores remain open, serving communities.
[caption id="attachment_23686" align="alignright" width="300"]
New screens at cash.[/caption]
Brian Hannasch, Couche-Tard president and CEO, said in a release: "I know these are stressful, difficult days as we see the effects of this global pandemic on our lives, workplaces, and neighbourhoods. As a company, we are deeply committed to being part of the solution for our customers and our employees. Our team members are working hard to create impactful measures to serve our communities, and I have never been prouder to be the leader of this company."
With a focus on the health and safety of its employees and customers, strategies include:
- Enacting stringent cleaning measures several times daily anywhere hands touch from surfaces, screens, pumps, restrooms and more.
- Increasing safety, hygiene, and packaging around food and beverages
- Installing clear barriers at cash registers to protect customers and employees from coughs, sneezes or other possible exposure
- Reinforcing best hygiene practices through digital media and display screens at registers
- Marking stores for social distancing at the checkout line
- Putting frequently asked questions and answers on its website concerning how stores are operating during these unprecedented times and what our customers can expect in terms of store closing and sanitizing procedures if an employee is diagnosed with COVID-19.
In addition, as a thank you, free coffee, tea and polar pop are being offered to first responders and health care workers, as well as to store employees.
Measure designed to help hourly store employees on the frontline of this crisis, include:
- Emergency Sick Care Plan for hourly employees in North America that includes both a bank of sick pay hours, as well as a pay continuation benefit if someone is either diagnosed with COVID-19 or is placed under a mandatory quarantine.
- Emergency Appreciation Pay premium for store employees in North America of an additional $2.50 to base hourly rate of pay for all hours worked.