As part of Ontario's official Convenience Store Week, the Ontario Convenience Stores Association is calling on family run and independent convenience stores across the province to help raise funds for the four Children’s Foundation Hospitals in Ontario.
- CHEO in Ottawa
- Children’s Hospital in London
- McMaster Children’s Hospital in Hamilton
- Toronto Sick Kids Hospital
This is the third year for the fundraising initiative in support of the hospitals. Last year, the event went virtual, due to pandemic restrictions.
However, this year there is an opportunity to really celebrate, especially as Ontario has officially declared the seven-day period in each year that ends on the Saturday immediately before Labour Day as Convenience Store Week.
In 2021, it's August 28 to September 4.
"Independent retailers, distributors and customers will be encouraged to support this wonderful week starting August 28 in Ontario," the OCSA said in a statement. "Special thanks to MPP Stan Cho for his dedication and passion for our industry."
- Invite your local MPP or MP to stop in and take some photos for social media or work behind the counter greeting customers for an hour.
- Encourage suppliers to offer a promotion where a small percentage goes to charity during the week to help those less fortunate.
There are more than 6,000 c-stores operating as independents and regional chains in Ontario, opening up the potential to do a huge amount of good in their communities in support of the children's hospitals.
For information visit the OCSA website and to get involved email [email protected].